Wednesday, April 9, 2014

WE DO OUR OWN HIPHOP JOURNALISM



 As a Grass-Root Organizer, HipHop Activist, Poet, Emcee, Writer, Husband & a Father
i understand that there is a divide amongst the culture, such that there isn't anyone to tell our stories and no-one to report for us. Let me not mince words here! WE DO NOT HAVE HIP-HOP JOURNALISM, so we create and do our own.
With more than 15 years  experiencing the Culture i think its only right that i do this. If i do not, who else will. To some am still a ghost, because that's the beauty of being underground anyway. We don't need that fame, our main emphasis & core business is to drop gems/jewels, clarity to the chosen few. Popularity is for my little daughter, Period!

I remember calling this good friend of Mine from the News Print Media House to write up an article for my Album WIZE SCHOLAR, i was sent a Journalist. I was happy for a Second that i got a Journalist to do a write up for my Album. I was at work at that time so we got into the boardroom. I greeted him, there after i asked him this question; 
"DO YOU FOLLOW & LOVE HIP-HOP?" which he said no and he plainly told me that he had no idea and clue about it.
I Simply gave him transport money so he could go back. I told him that this is a Serious Hip-Hop Project and needed someone with some serious Hip-Hop Intel. Someone We as Hip-Hoppaz can relate to.  I simply needed a Hip-Hop Journalist, was that too hard to ask?
To this day no article has been published yet for my album. 

"SHOW ME A MALAWIAN HIP-HOP JOURNALIST & I WILL TELL YOU HE OR SHE IS AN URBAN MUSIC JOURNALIST"

Which is why this blogspot has come to play to bridge that gap. We will be our OWN Hip-Hop Journalists, We will do our own Journalism.
Do not mind my punctuation nor my lack of fancy English words, no editorial team to go through my work, but still we will be our own HipHop Journalists- like the street herbalists. PEACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment